The updated schedule for zoom meetings is now set. Depending on need, Interest and requests for new meetings this could change in the future but for now this is the schedule. Updated for those times people have suggested so far. If more meetings are added a new addition will be made and posted. Please Join your fellow addicts in recovery for the therapeutic opportunity!!
Meetings and the topic generally speaking are not meant to deter anyone as they are open for therapy and reference the time of week more often than the level of recovery.
It’s a new week so what you did that caused you grief last week doesn’t have a bearing on what you do today. Remember that each moment is a fresh start and as long as you own the past without carrying it you can start fresh. Mistakes are part of life but they don’t have to be your whole life.
Monday October 30, 2017
Beginning today with a clean slate can make all the difference. Especially if yesterday you were making a mess of the slate. Start clean today.
Tuesday October 31, 2017
Happy Halloween! Just because things scare you don’t let them destroy you. The past pains you have can be part of the present healing you experience if you let them.
I have sent the app to be reviewed by the site administrators, If all goes well it will be live sometime between Tuesday and Friday! Here are the present avail abilities it has:
- Contact Page: Provides ways to reach help through Website, Email and phone.
- Social Page Provides Facebook link, Twitter, Youtube and Blog information.
- Website Page: Has a link to Stand Tall Recovery. Here You will find every form of help available.
- Request Info Page: A Place to request One on one Zoom (Video meeting), Info on Group Meetings via Zoom, Speaking requests for groups and a category referred to as other ( a way to take open requests including help with self Banning)
- Photos Page: Has 104 Encouragement Memes and will grow/ change over time.
- About Page: Describes how and why this app came into being as well as some aspects explained here.
- Meetings Page: Has access to places to find meetings for most addictions both Anonymous and other forms.
Keep your eyes open for The ‘Stand Tall” App! What are your thoughts?
I am proud to announce that the app for self help is tentatively expected to be released on Monday October 30, 2017 in a test form. There is a possibility for early release for test group use as soon as Friday Night or Saturday Morning. The final app will be released if no problems arise on November 21, 2017.
You might ask why 2 separate dates are listed. The first release will be to those who request to be testers while the general public release will come after evaluation by those interested in grading it and giving suggestions for changes.
I need volunteers to test the app.!! If you want to be or are willing to be the first to get it while still in Bata testing follow the directions below:
- Email me at: email@example.com OR Continuedrecovery1@gmail.com
- In the Header Write App Tester
- In the body of the email write that you would like to test the app before it is released Reference the app name: Stand Tall
- Provide an email address you would like the link sent to.
- Identify yourself and where you are from (First name, Last Initial, State or region)
Are you willing to be one of the first?
Weekends are the biggest challenge. The call is strong and the deterrent weaker. The challenge is to make the call ‘smell bad’ and the deterrent feel ‘good’.
Friday October 27, 2017
Recovery requires looking at the addiction as if it is something we hate and making the connection. If the gambling was equated to being in a septic tank would you go into it? That is exactly what gambling is like because it really ‘stinks up’ your personality. The problems we are avoiding are worse when we get done but maybe if we looked at them as a process to get something better it wouldn’t be so bad? If you receive a reward after dealing with it wouldn’t that be great?
Saturday October 28, 2017
Recovery is looking at the world as new every morning and seeing sunrises and sunsets as blessings. Wake up in recovery so you can go to bed at night to a beautiful sunset.
Sunday October 29, 2017
Failure is the beginning of success unless it is part of an addiction. Addiction is the path to perpetual pain but recovery is a healing balm.
It’s official! 2 of the meetings are moving from their times to a new time of 4 PM on the same day. The Monday meeting offered at 10 Am EST will be moving to 4 PM and the Wednesday meeting scheduled for 2 PM EST will be moving to 4 PM. Other time changes coming include the Saturday meeting but the time has not been determined yet. In light of this change some other events are also ready to be announced!
New App Coming!
With the opportunity to create an app now available, Stand Tall Recovery Services will be developing and releasing a new app called “Stand Tall”. This app will be free and have resources such as those listed below:
- Daily Encouragement. (From a blog which will make it different every time!)
- Links to Meeting finder sites for all different addictions. (More than just anonymous groups)
- Links to banning resources.
- Special Readings.
- Access to individual and group virtual meetings through zoom.
AND SO MUCH MORE.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GETTING THE FREE APP AND WANT TO BE INFORMED WHEN IT IS RELEASED PLEASE EMAIL ME! Email services@Standtallrecoveryservices.com with the topic header STAND TALL APP and write a message including where to send updates on when the app is coming out and information about yourself. If you would like to give input on what you would like in the app include that as well.
Recovery is a challenge every day. After 87,021 hours (3,626 days or 119.11 Months or 9.92 years) of recovery it still haunts me from time to time but it doesn’t ‘possess me’ any more. As a mater of process today I began to build an app to help my fellow addicts find hope and help.
Wednesday October 25, 2017
It is better to seek help than to act on your own impulses. Addiction impairs reason and destroys hope. Recovery builds reason and creates hope.
Thursday October 26, 2017
Apply yourself to that which will give you hope and recovery will find you.